Reiki is a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being. While Reiki isn’t a religion, it is still important to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with others. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. Actually, it is not dependent on any belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using it puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.
Reiki is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Creates deep relaxation
- Relieves stress and tension
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with accute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions
- Pain relief
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which you are better able to cope with everyday stresses. This mental balance can also enhance learning, memory, mental clarity, etc.